The terms ‘us’, ‘we’ or ‘our’ refers to the Grey Power Federation Incorporated.
The terms ‘you’ and ‘your’ refer to individuals whose data is held by us.
- This policy applies to all personal data held by us whether in electronic, paper or other medium.
- This policy applies only to data held by us. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy or security of data held by affiliated Grey Power Associations since these are separate legal entities. This policy is made available to all affiliated Associations for their guidance and use.
How your information is obtained
We may collect the information we hold directly from you or from the membership databases of affiliated Associations. Where data is collected from the membership database of an Association, the use to which we put the data is restricted to those purposes which you agreed to when the data was originally collected. These purposes are set out below.
How your information is used
We will only use your information for the following purposes:
- To contact you to provide or seek information
- To enable us to provide services to you
- To enable us to operate effectively and efficiently
We will store your data in a way that protects it against corruption, unauthorised use, and loss.
Data held on an individual may be updated on a regular basis.
We will not sell, rent or otherwise make available to any third parties any of your personal information without your express consent unless:
- Disclosure is for a purpose for which the information is obtained.
- The information is publicly available.
- Disclosure is required by law, or
- For any other reason defined in Privacy Principle 11 and associated codes of practice.
We will only retain personal data on you whilst it is relevant to the purpose for which it was collected.
Access and Correction
You can access personal information we hold on you by contacting the Federation Privacy Officer in writing. If the information held is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date you may request we correct the information.
The current means of implementation will be defined in the Grey Power Federation’s Governance manual.
This policy will be reviewed annually
The policy comes into effect on 19th November 2014